FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoding for You Tube...

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Garvey
Encoding for You Tube...
on Jun 30, 2009 at 1:33:46 am

I have an 18 Gig, 13 minute video that I want to put on You Tube in two parts as I know they only allow 10 minutes max for each video.

I want to split the video at about the 8 minute mark.

You Tube says I can't upload a file larger than 1 Gig.

How do I encode the 8 minute part one video to get the closest I can to 1 gig so that the quality is the best I can give them before they encode it to Flash.

Or, should I use Flash to encode it and are thier settings to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jim Garvey
Re: Encoding for You Tube...
on Jun 30, 2009 at 11:36:14 am

Just to add:

I purchased Magic Video Converter as "You Tube" suggested, so that I could take this 18 gig, uncompressed .avi and covert it to Mpeg 4 which they said they prefer.

After using the program, I only saw an option for Mpeg 2, so I tried that, but it won't work with my .avi. I tried other .avi's and it worked, so it must be either the size of the .avi, or, that's it's unmcompressed.

Thier tech support sent me an automated, "form" email without reading the specs I gave them already.

My goal is to get this video on You Tube in the highest quality possible, AND, to get this video on my own personal website, also at the highest quality possible, but am still lost in this process.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved