FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple Symbol Animation

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Greenwood
Simple Symbol Animation
on Jun 19, 2009 at 4:39:28 pm

I have been trying to build a small website.

I have a few pictures that I have turned into movie clip symbols so that I may use the "Darken" blend mode.

I am trying to make the symbols do some simple animations, like scale from nothing into its full size; or have nothing as the width, then bring it back to its full width over a few frames.

My problem is that every time I try to do this when editing the symbol, these simple effects seem to take way too much time to do.

For example: I will setup two key frames a few frames apart. Have the initial keyframe at a scale of height and width of 1.0. I will then have the other and last keyframe at a height and width of (let's say) 100. I then apply a motion tween, and what usually happens - instead of the simple effect - I get an initial keyframe at a scale of 1.0, then tween frames that seem to be at 1.0, with a final frame (the last keyframe) of 100.

I have been able to make progress, but in a weird manner: I make the tween, then I insert another keyframe at the frame before the last keyframe. Then I erase the last keyframe and it works just fine (after changing the dimensions of my new last keyframe to what I want).

What is happening? How do I avoid this from occurring again?

Thanks for the help. This problem is tormenting me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved