FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hide Flash Video Controls

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Huss
Hide Flash Video Controls
on Jun 17, 2009 at 1:55:54 pm

Does anyone know how I can hide the flash video controls, unless you hover over the video? So you open the page, the video auto plays and you don't see the controls. If you hover over the video, then that is the first time that you will see them

I have searched all over for a solution and can't find anything.
Any help would be greatly appreciate

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Hide Flash Video Controls
on Jun 17, 2009 at 2:35:20 pm

skinAutoHide=true;

either in code, or from the Component Inspector

Return to posts index

Paul Huss
on Jun 17, 2009 at 2:47:44 pm

Thanks for the quick response demetri...

I do have the autohide in both the code and param name, but the skin shows up when the video starts. You have to hover over the video and then take the cursor off of it to hide the controls. I want the controls to be hidden fomr the very begging when the video starts playing.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Jun 17, 2009 at 8:59:41 pm

if you do have skinAutoHide=true; then the skin should not be there when the player first shows up.
are you using a FLVPayback Component, or is your player generated from code?

components can sometimes be buggy. it is often better to just design and script your own controls - then you be sure of their functioning correctly.

if you want, post your code associated with this & we can take a look at it

Return to posts index

Paul Huss
on Jun 18, 2009 at 3:33:17 pm

Thanks for your assistance Demetr....

I can't view the code in the library or action script. I am using a default skins (Corona Skin 3) that you apply through dreamweaver "Insert Media > Flash Video". I open up the skin in Flash, but it is a swf and I can't seem to find any code to alter.

Here is a link to what the video where the client wants the hidden controls :
http://www.harithproductions.com/index09.html

I did find a more transparent skin, so If I can't figure it out, maybe he can live with it.

I am not experienced in editing the skins, so I apologize for being a little naive.

Paul

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Jun 18, 2009 at 6:12:38 pm

hi paul,

oh - that is different - it is an external skin that you are linking to your swf in DreamWeaver.

i don't use custom skins, so i might not be the best one to answer this for you. however, why not let Flash, and not Dreamweaver, handle the skin. Did you use a FlVPlayback Component for the video player ?? if so, then use the Component Inspector to choose the skin to use - in your case choose 'Custom Skin" and then fill in the URL for the skin. set your "Corona Skin 3" location here ( just remember the path to it, as you willof course be uploading the skin's SWF, your main SWF, and your FLV to the server.)

i would assume that should clear it up, and by using the SkinAutoHide=true; that you should get the functionality that you want.

if you must set the skin through Dreamweaver, then you should also probably post this question in the Dreamweaver Forum,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]