FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic Flash web question...

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Cast
Basic Flash web question...
on Jun 14, 2009 at 1:00:03 am

Hi,

I have a website that has windows media player files for video.

My new video that I've authored in Encore is able to be exported in Flash, so I was wondering if there were any pro's and con's to having the flash video on my site in place of the windows media files.

I've tried unsuccessfully in the past to put Flash video on my site, but I'm hoping that it was because I didn't encode it correctly.

I do own Flash as part of CS3, but don't know it yet.

If I export to Flash from Encore, do I just then upload the file to my site and it'll play for users like with the windows media player video files?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Jerry

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Pieter Helsen
Re: Basic Flash web question...
on Jun 14, 2009 at 10:04:07 am

The big plus of having a flash video on your website is that 95% of your visitors will have the flash plugin installed. Not so with the WMV plugin. Not all people will be able to watch that, since far less people have the right plugin installed.

I haven't exported from Encore yet, but I think this will create a flash video file (.flv). Once you have that file, you have to open up flash, go to File > Import > Import Video and then follow the easy wizard.

Once you've done this, publish your movie (File > Publish) and there should be a .swf file, a .html file and a .js file in the folder where you published to. Those three files, along with the .flv file, need to be uploaded to your server.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]