FORUMS: list search recent posts

gotoAndPlay is jumpy

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rooben panosian
gotoAndPlay is jumpy
on Jun 9, 2009 at 4:47:47 am

hello all, newbie here. I think my problem is easily fixed but u know how it is when ur in it with an impatient client and cant figure whats not right.
I imported a flash movie flv into my flash file, set a new layer with two keyframes: one at the end and one at frame 708. The animation needs to return and play from this point at the end. Well it seems that it wont do it smoothly, there is a slight hesitation at the end, kinda like a pause, followed by resuming from frame 708.
I tried just a plain gotoAndPlay(708) on the last keyframe, then i replaced it with these two lines which i got from a book on flash cs4:
import flash.display.MovieClip;
this.gotoAndPlay(708);
is there any way the animation can continue from frame 708 without the pause at the end? Like i said its gotta be something real simple but the client is already chomping at the bits..appreciate any help i can get on this.

Return to posts index

rooben panosian
Re: gotoAndPlay is jumpy
on Jun 12, 2009 at 1:19:49 am

Im posting the end results and my findings in case if other people are having similar problem. I realized that flash is inserting an extra frame at the very end of my movie upon import. This extra frame is a still, ie there is no animation in that frame, and thats why there was that slight pause in the loop. Hope this helps someone out there one day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]