FORUMS: list search recent posts

.exe conversion

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brecht Wouters
.exe conversion
on Jun 3, 2009 at 3:07:53 pm

Hi all,

Somebody asked me to put a flash video on a dvd. No problem, except that I can't seem to import it in any video program. It;s an application with a .exe extension (pf course not playable on Apple :p). I put it on my xp system and the icon automatically changed to a flash icon. Double click it and a video starts to play.

I have two questions really. The first is: what is this exactly? A video with playback software included or something like that? I've never seen it before.

Secondly, how do I convert it to mpeg, wmv or mov or any other kind of video?

Thanks a lot for your troubles!

Greetings,

Brecht

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: .exe conversion
on Jun 3, 2009 at 7:07:32 pm

First, it's a flash projector file. Flash projector files are pretty much just .swf files converted to .exe files, with Flash player added to the package. That way, the projector file/flash movie can be played on any windows pc, regardless of whether it has flash installed..

Secondly, there's no way of extracting the .flv file from that executable. The only thing you could do is use screen capture software to record the movie from your screen. (take a look at camtasia)

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]