FORUMS: list search recent posts

'click to activate' no longer an issue?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Quince
'click to activate' no longer an issue?
on May 28, 2009 at 9:20:25 am

After seeing a colleague's 'mistake' by not including the AC_RunActiveContent.js file when publishing a webpage and swf, yet not having any 'click to activate' issues, I discovered this microsoft blog which comfirms the licence issue has been resolved.

This could not have come at a better time for me as we're moving onto a new platform which limits uploaded-file inter-communication. But what embed code should I use?

Do I simply remove the AC_FL_RunContent portion of my html, and only use the object and embed codes? I quite like the way flash generated that code with it all laid out on separate lines. Does anyone know if Adobe will issue a patch to sort this out?

Graham

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: 'click to activate' no longer an issue?
on May 28, 2009 at 6:29:26 pm

Yes and no... While Microsoft removed it's 'click to activate' system, Opera's is still in place.

Flash CS4 already implements an entirely different embed method, so I'm doubtful they will release a patch to implement this in CS3.

Unfortunately, I think Flash's current embed method is a little cluttered (a lot of actionscript in the javascript file), so I usually only use it for preview purposes, and fall back on SWFObject once the project goes live.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Justin P. Junda
Re: 'click to activate' no longer an issue?
on May 28, 2009 at 7:23:34 pm

go to gotoandlearn.com Lee has great video tutorials on this.

Justin P. Junda

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]