FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash CS4 Pause at start not working

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janet Barnett
Flash CS4 Pause at start not working
on May 19, 2009 at 3:55:15 pm

Brand new to CS4 - downloaded last week, installed update, went through Adobe online tv tutorials. I took an wmv file and added it into the Media Encoder and exported it to f4v file. I went to CS4, created a new Flash Action Script 3, imported video, with one of the skins for client playback control. I saved the file. I published using "pause at start". In IE7, which is what the stats on the website are showing 40% of my visitors use, the Flash movie starts immediately. How do I get the Flash movie to appear on the screen with the first frame showing and the instrumentation there, but paused so that the client controls the start?

Thanks,
Newbie Janet

Return to posts index

Justin P. Junda
Re: Flash CS4 Pause at start not working
on May 19, 2009 at 6:56:40 pm

You need to set your actionscript to autoPlay = false; Then what ever the first frame is that will show. You can also using the properties and component inspector to set that autoPlay option if your not comfortable with AS3.

below is what something as mention would look like in AS3.

yourplayer.source = "testclip.flv";
yourplayer.autoRewind = true;
yourplayer.autoPlay = false;

Justin P. Junda

Return to posts index

Janet Barnett
on May 19, 2009 at 6:59:02 pm

Justin,
Thanks so much for responding to a newbie. I just found it! Honestly - it was mentioned in this tutorial http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1527v1000, but I hadn't seen it anywhere else. I know I have a lot to learn, but I appreciate you taking the time to ask one of the initial questions to get me up an running and keep the bosses happy.
Cheers,
Janet

Return to posts index

Justin P. Junda
on May 20, 2009 at 7:55:38 pm

Yeah good luck Flash is fun keep learning. Dont get discouraged you should have seen me when I first started years ago I was a train wreck.

Good Luck

Justin P. Junda

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]