FORUMS: list search recent posts

Page Flip Animation and Next Prev Button

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rayne Raid
Page Flip Animation and Next Prev Button
on May 12, 2009 at 3:13:16 am

I hope someone notice this thread. I need help.

I have a video, I import it to Flash CS3. its .avi file. The video is animation page flip (2 minutes length video and 7 pages flip) The video is something like this

And I want to make next and previous button which can go to page 1 page 2 in the video.
Lets say~
Page 1 is video start/play from 00.00 - 00.20 (this is video time)
Page 2 is video start from 00.20 - 00.30

When the user on Page 1, he clicks next button then the movie play the part the book turns from page 1 to 2.
If he clicks previous button, the movie plays the same in reverse as if he turned back to page 1.
Do you this possible?

Do you guys think its possible to do it in flash?
I just start learning flash so I have no idea how am I going to do this.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Page Flip Animation and Next Prev Button - AS2 option
on May 12, 2009 at 11:46:02 am

This is possible, but complicated. If you want to import your video into flash then have flash control the start and stop and page t jump to buttons, there's the main way to do it, but it will use up a lot of filesize.

1) Create a movie clip on your timeline.
2) Inside that movieclip, import your video to the stage. You should now get lots of keyframes.
3) Create a new layer, on the first frame put this code:

function Movement() {
if (this._currentframe > myframe){
}else if (this._currentframe < myframe){

4) On another new layer, create your buttons. and use this code:
on (Release){

5) Just make a note of each "opened page" frame number and use keyframes to change your buttons accordingly.

Graham - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Page Flip Animation and Next Prev Button (AS3 response)
on May 12, 2009 at 10:50:00 pm

if you are using AS3 ( this was not indicated), then there is another way, fairly easy to do this, using CuePoints. you will need to make sure that they are 'navigation' cue points, and not ' event' cue points.

it will be 'more better' if you do 2 things: 1) encode your video to FLV using the Flash Video Encoder that comes with Flash CS3 that you are using. inthe encoder, place cue points at your page flips, or wherever you want them. you can now access them fairly easy using actionscript.
2) play the video in a Flash Video Player ( using a Component is just fine ... )

i have written a few responses to people on how to do this. if you need help with it, just let us know...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved