FLV player...on a single swf. file

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Roca
FLV player...on a single swf. file
on May 10, 2009 at 12:16:48 am

Greeting everyone...

I am pretty stuck with this.

My END product should be a SWF file which contains both a player and a flv file to upload to a already made website that has a content management system.

1. I have been able to produce this file by using the templates provided by sorensen Squeeze.. including lightly modyfing them.

2. I am not satisfied by this since i want to be able to fully customize a player from scratch.

3. This is what I need. I need a flv file that I can explore that is a working swf player...

4. the actionscript needed to make a swf player that contains the flv file since I keep finding tutorials showing how to create a swf that plays a flv on a server....

Thank you in advance, I hope this post helps other people with similar troubles..

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: FLV player...on a single swf. file
on May 11, 2009 at 4:04:06 pm

what you are asking for does not exist. as far as i know, you can only embed video directly on the timeline. that is not recommended though, and i am not even sure if current versions (CS3 and CS4) still support that. at any rate, it is not a good pracice, nor practical, except maybe for a REAL small video.

to play a video ( flv ) from a video player ( either a Component, or strictly AS created ), the flv is always external to the SWF.

i am not all that familiar with CMS , but why would that be a problem for your CMS, to handle the video(flv) file ?

your questions:

1) great. using Sorenson. but as you found out ...

2) this is the beauty and magic of Flash. create WHATEVER player and interface you can dream up ...... OR .. use a Component and Component Skin

3) you can't explore a flv file. i assume you meant a fla ? if so, there are plenty of tutorials and examples out there ( many on this very site ! ) that providde you with the means. if you are having trouble locating one, let us know and we can direct you to one, or post a simple one

4) that AS doesn't exist, as you can't have the flv 'contained' in the swf. once again, if you need to see how to create a SWF with a video player referencing your FLV , see the tutorials, or ask and we can help with that.

hope that helps. sorry if it is not the satisfying answer you were hoping for. feel free to post requests for specific problems or issues, as these will be tackled a lot easier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]