FORUMS: list search recent posts

need help with a flash animation

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sabrina Crayne
need help with a flash animation
on May 9, 2009 at 3:20:34 pm

I am trying to create a flash animation. On the right side there is a picture with blinds over it that open and then stop once thwe picture is cmpletely revealed - then to the left there is some text that I want to fade in and stop - leaving the picture still visible.
I can get one effect or the other but not both. When I put the fading text effect the picture is no longer visible. Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sabrina

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: need help with a flash animation
on May 12, 2009 at 3:25:34 am

from your description, that should be pretty easy to do, and something Flash can do quite well.

organize your FLA into layers, put your picture on the stage on the lowest layer.
on a layer above that, place the MovieCLip of the animation of the blinds opening.
on a separate layer above that, place your text. turn your text into a movie clip, and make an animation tween from alpha=0 to alpha = 100 over a few frames, and place that where it makes sense on the timeline.

here is an incredibly simplistic version of what you are saying, if you need to see it in action:

44_blindstextfadein.fla.zip

let me know if this is what you mean, or if you need more specific help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]