FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash movie not showiny up on the Web

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Manson
Flash movie not showiny up on the Web
on Apr 30, 2009 at 3:18:29 pm

The movie works fine when I open the .html document locally. But when I upload it to the server the skin shows up but not the movie.

http://www.mercer.edu/mom/clinton.html

Any help would be appreciated. Built using CS4.

Thanks, Daniel

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Flash movie not showiny up on the Web
on Apr 30, 2009 at 3:47:43 pm

http://www.mercer.edu/mom/CGI-UAward.flv
File not found. You need to upload your .flv along with the skin and the swf. The flv is not embedded into the .swf, the .swf just loads it in.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Daniel Manson
on May 4, 2009 at 2:43:49 pm

Thank you Pieter, I uploaded the file but it is still not working. Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on May 4, 2009 at 3:24:51 pm

Still cannot be found... :) Are you sure you uploaded it to the same path as your .swf

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Daniel Manson
Re: Flash movie not showing up on the Web
on May 4, 2009 at 5:15:07 pm

Hmmmmm, I see it from within Dreamweaver and the server guy says its there. But this is the first time I've worked with flv.

Return to posts index

Daniel Manson
on May 4, 2009 at 7:20:04 pm

Pieter,

They had to add the flv to the server in order for it to work.

Thanks for the help,
Daniel

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on May 4, 2009 at 7:42:31 pm

For people who may find themselves facing the same problem someday, for security reasons, your server provider may have blocked some extensions. So if you ever happen to upload a file and it keeps saying that the path cannot be found (a 404 error is returned), it might be because that extension has been blocked by your server provider. Contact their tech support and ask them if they can allow it for you.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]