FORUMS: list search recent posts

Required valid email addy

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
Required valid email addy
on Apr 28, 2009 at 3:37:22 am

So Fernando from web design sent me over here and said this might be an actionscript job. What I want is to offer my viewers a video on demand service of music videos and live webcasts for free but in exchange for getting their email address ( a valid one at that). I'm not a programmer but wanted to know if there are any simple ways to do this.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Required valid email addy
on Apr 28, 2009 at 3:40:45 pm

There many interpretations of valid... : could type in abc@def.com and there'd be no way of knowing whether the e-mail address is actually used by the person who entered it, without sending him an e-mail and making him confirm his e-mail address... however, there are some rules to which an e-mail address needs to comply, and those can be validated using regular expressions.
SS _ S_0
either way, you're gonna need a programmer to help you with this methinks. :

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Apr 28, 2009 at 3:59:32 pm

Why was this deactivated?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
on Apr 28, 2009 at 3:55:08 pm

There was a glitch - it has been fixed now and the post is active...

Abraham

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Apr 28, 2009 at 4:07:56 pm

That may have been my fault, not sure how it happened though... :)

Anyway, as I said in my earlier post, there are many interpretations of a valid e-mail address.
An address like abc@def.com may be valid to mail standards (it has an "@" and a "." followed by a domain name), however, there's no way of being sure until you send the person who entered it a validation e-mail...

If you just want to check whether an address is technically valid, this should help:
Email validation

Either way, you'll most likely need a programmer to make this work.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]