FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash not working when uploaded to server

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Gibson
Flash not working when uploaded to server
on Apr 21, 2009 at 8:34:31 pm

I have a basic HTML page with a swf that works fine locally, but not after uploading the files to the server. I've moved over the HTML, swf, flv and AC_RunActiveContent.js files to the appropriate locations. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or is Flash as screwy as I suspect? The page is here. http://www.mgibsondigital.com/whiteconstruction-betasite6/index2.htm Any help is appreciated. Thanks. - Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Gibson
Re: Flash not working when uploaded to server
on Apr 23, 2009 at 1:58:20 am

Anyone? The files are all there, the paths are all correct, the server plays other flash files (it's not a MIME issue)... I see no reason this isn't working. But... it isn't. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Apr 23, 2009 at 2:34:10 am

please check your actual SWF ( NEWINTRO2.swf ) - it doesn't seem to load your FLV ( NEWINTRO.flv), which plays just fine.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Apr 23, 2009 at 11:02:21 am

another thought: was your HTML page created in Dreamweaver? if so, the javascript file needs to be inside a folder labeld : "Scripts"

Return to posts index

Mark Gibson
on Apr 23, 2009 at 11:19:19 am

Demetri!! Am I ever glad to see you! You are a benevolent soul hanging around these forums. Hey, I'm using the same AS3 code you formulated all those weeks ago. This is the same project - I'm finally ready to hand it over to the client and for some reason, after tweaking the code and testing it, the swf is not loading the flv for playback online (but it does locally).

To refresh your memory, I needed a single-frame Movie Clip to automatically play, then redirect the browser to a home page. Here is the AS3 script I'm using thanks to you:

import fl.video.*;
flvPlayer.source="intro.flv"
flvPlayer.addEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE, myHomePage);
flvPlayer.autoPlay= true;

var urlRequest=new
URLRequest("http://www.whiteconstruction/home.htm");

function myHomePage(eventObject:VideoEvent) :void
{navigateToURL(urlRequest, '_self');}

As you suggested, I'm using an FLVPlayback Component with the instance name flvPlayer.

The current test site is now here
As you can see, the swf doesn't pull the flv. I must have somehow changed something because the original swf worked great (you can find it here) But for some reason, I can't replicate it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for all you do. - Mark

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Apr 23, 2009 at 12:15:08 pm

hey mark

since "...ww.mgibsondigital.com/whiteconstruction/index.htm" works just fine, but
"...ww.mgibsondigital.com/whiteconstruction6B/index.htm" does not load, i tend to think that your code is fine - it's from a good source : -) and it is a glitch in your directory and your pathways to all the files.

re-look at your pathways first - and : does your AC_RunActiveContent.js file need to be inside a folder named "Scripts" ??

i can't seem to find the SWF assosiated with this new page. is it still in "assets/flash/ " ?. can you either share your directory hierarchy, and/or post your files (including your HTML file) and i'll poke around ....

Return to posts index

Mark Gibson
on Apr 23, 2009 at 12:44:43 pm

Demetri, would you check your hotmail account?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]