FORUMS: list search recent posts

Test movie question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pattie Olson
Test movie question
on Apr 19, 2009 at 6:51:09 pm

I'm using Windows XP. Learning Flash CS3 with actionscript2.

My animations are not showing up in my test movie.

I insert my text on the stage and make it a movie clip. On my timeline I insert the keyframes, selecting the keyframe I want in time to correspond with the different location I place my movie clip on the stage. I have some of the keyframes drop the alpha down to 0 to adjust fade in and out. I insert the tweens and they are the solid line, not dotted. When I scrub on the time line, or hit enter, the animation is exactly what I want it to do. But when I play in "test movie" it will blink the movie clip for about one frame and then there is nothing. If I have just the plain movie, with no keyframes, no animation, no alpha adjustments, my movie is visible in the "test movie" of course just sitting there. Also, if I change colors with keyframes and add a tween, it plays just fine, gently changing from one color to the next. It's when I actually animate and move the symbol or adjust the alpha that nothing shows up in the test movie preview or when I make a .swf file.

Am I missing something here? I purchased this software new last August, though just getting around to learning it now. Could I be missing some updates?

Thanks in advance for your help on something that seems so basic.
Pattie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]