FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash to video with good alpha

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Siggi Orri Þórhannesson
Flash to video with good alpha
on Apr 8, 2009 at 6:02:35 pm

Hi

My apologies if this subject has been posted before.

I'm looking for an explanation / answer about the .png 24bit with alpha exporter from flash.

Little backstory:

I cannot use the Quicktime exporter in Flash after having tested it several times and it drops frames randomly it seems. You can verify it by creating a new document, put a number in text on the stage for each frame of the animation, in this case 1-25. Export, then check it frame by frame. Usually the first & last frames are the ones missing and randomly some frame will be used as a padding, exposing it twice resulting in strange frame jerking and missing footage.

When I export the .fla to a .png sequence 24bit with alpha I get allt the frames and all the color correctly. But my alpha is "bad". There's always a small black stroke on everything rendered out from the scene. This applies as well to the .swf when imported into After Effects. Would be okay if every scene I'm working on had a black background.

After trying multiple means of exporting I found that a .Pict sequence 32bit /w alpha gives me the right alpha information and color.

But this means the sequence is quite bigger in filesize. Is there something that one can do to use the .png sequence or even the .swf with the crisp and clear alpha you get with the .pict?

Such a waste that I can't use these really handy and compact formats for post production.

Many thanks,

Siggi Orri

Return to posts index

Lea Jurgenstein
Re: Flash to video with good alpha
on Apr 13, 2009 at 9:40:31 am

I guess, you can try Flash to Video Encoder PRO, it's a really powerful convertor with alpha support. Check out this link - http://www.geovid.com/Flash_to_Video_Encoder_PRO. There's an unlimited trial, and the program itself is a good combination of price and quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]