FORUMS: list search recent posts

Input Boxes

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Johnston
Input Boxes
on Apr 6, 2009 at 2:52:59 am

HELLO

So I've been really strugling to create a flash form. But I finally got to the point where i have a working form and it send my e-mail all the info dandy.

But it looks ugly as sin.

I was wondering... In the beginning of my journey i was using input text boxes where i can apply all sort of settings to get it to look the way i want, font, tranparancy, all those nice things... but my form was working until I ditched those input boxes and started using input box components... earlier i had just mean using the text tool and chaning the text from static to input.

ANYWAY....

MY text box components look plane... they're just white boxes with arial text. I'd like to make the box transparent (but not the text obviously) so that I can make my OWN border around it using the rectangle tool.

ALSO I'd like to make the font whatever I want.

It wouldn't hurt to have the ability to change the size and color and everything else

How do I do that?

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Input Boxes (AS3 solution)
on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:22:59 pm

andrew,

my first question is : then why use components? components are easy, and quick, and have many valuable benefits, but they are NOT as flexible and as customizable as we would like. i say to go back to creating your text fields and changing the properties with script, and take advantage of the power and beauty of Flash.

you can change/cusomize the properties of text boxes with some easy script like this:

txtBox.background=false;
txtBox.border=false;

font sizes , colors and font family can easily be changed in the Properties Inspector, if you don't want to do it in code. remember to embed the font if you just must make sure that exact font is used, in case it is not installed on the user's computer.

here is a quick example using 4 input text boxes. the font is set as Chalkboard ( NOT embedded ...) at a large type size, in black. for the fourth one, the custom box art sits underneath the 'no border, no background' box i also choose to have some initial text in the last box.

..ww.demetri-media.com/Sven/TextBoxes.swf

hope that helps. let us know if you need further help on this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]