FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Flash Encoder for video

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Smith
Best Flash Encoder for video
on Apr 1, 2009 at 12:05:52 am

I'm currently using Cleaner to create Quicktime H264 video files. I am told these are Flash compatible but I don't quite understand how that works. Does that mean they play in Flash player when clicked?

Also, I have been trying to find a simple to use but flexible Flash encoder that's not part of a suite of other tools. I just need to create Flash video from HD and SD sources.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jim Glickert
Re: Best Flash Encoder for video
on Apr 3, 2009 at 4:33:14 am

Hi Adrian.

I believe, after having read it in several times in posts on the FCP forum, that all you need to do to a QuickTime H.264 video (it has an .m4v extension) to make it playable in Flash is simply change the extension to .flv. It sounds too simple to work, but apparently it does. However, I vaguely recall that the resulting video requires Flash Player version 10 to play it. My memory may be failing me on that part, though. Give it a try to find out.

I use ON2's Flix Standard to encode my QuickTime videos to Flash. It's cheap ($39) and easy to use, and I've had great success with it in producing videos for a website. You can download a free 30-day demo version.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

andrew hudson
Re: Best Flash Encoder for video
on May 5, 2009 at 8:00:31 am

I use FastVDO SmartCast,

SmartCast-capture & live streaming Flash, Wowza and Darwin support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved