FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with multivideo player

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Huber
Problems with multivideo player
on Mar 28, 2009 at 1:57:36 pm

I'm familiar with many adobe products but am new to flash. I'm using CS4 and followed Tony Ross's Actionscript 3.0 multivideo player turorial to create a player on my homepage. I output a swf which is placed inside a Dreamweaver file. I have two problems that I haven't been able to resolve:

1) The swf takes too long to load. Larger video files imported into Dreamweaver on other pages of the site load almost immediately. I'm not sure what's causing the delay and

2) The tutorial results in an autoplay function for the first video. I have my player set to autoplay but the videos will not play unless the buttons are clicked. This fact, combined with the delay in loading, will, I think, discourage users from watching the homepage clips.

Here's a link to the site:

Any input will be appreciated - thanks,

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
Re: Problems with multivideo player
on Mar 31, 2009 at 1:04:18 pm

Hey Dan-
Not sure about number 1, but number 2 might be affecting it.

In the component inspector, check the Parameters of the flv player, see what the initial source is set to.

Make sure the source is set to the movie you want t ply first.

Hope this helps.

keep it simple, make it perfect…

Return to posts index

Dan Huber
Re: Problems with multivideo player
on Mar 31, 2009 at 2:05:42 pm

Thanks, the source parameter was blank. Setting it to the first movie solved the problem. It now takes 7-8 seconds for the first clip to load - that's not too bad. I'm not sure but I think that's faster than it was before I set the player to play the first clip. I was thinking about adding a progress bar but the player itself is indicating it's loading and I think the existing delay might be okay.

I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved