FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash books or internet tutorials

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lorenzo bizzante
Flash books or internet tutorials
on Mar 22, 2009 at 6:49:01 pm

Hi people,
i would like to learn flash cs3 to create a website possibly simple and effective where to show my photography work.
I would like to know if there is a book out there that you would recommend or if you think the internet is the best place to learn the softwear.
Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Jim Glickert
Re: Flash books or internet tutorials
on Mar 23, 2009 at 3:49:23 am

Hi Lorenzo.

I recently purchased Aquent's "Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Digital Classroom" book, and I think it was a wise choice. There are indeed tutorials freely available on the Internet, but I chose a book because of its structured content. This book also comes with a DVD containing lesson content, and some videos as well. There might be better books out there, but this worked well for me. (You can read others' reviews of it on Amazon, where I purchased the book.)

Having said that, Flash really isn't used to build websites. Dreamweaver is the application for that. Flash can certainly be used to create content for a website (that's why I purchased it), but Flash itself won't lay out web pages and handle the uploading to the host server.

A simpler way for you to show off your photography might be through a blog, or through a web gallery application like Google's Picasa. They are much, much easier than learning Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved