FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie to Flash CS4 needs some simple help!!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nayim Saati
Newbie to Flash CS4 needs some simple help!!
on Mar 22, 2009 at 4:57:15 am

hey guys i am new to flash and have a really simple question that would help me out big time. I just want to animate text. Seems simple but im having a surpriginly difficult time with it. To be more specific i want to animate the color of a text for example from white to black but animate it smoothly so we get all the greys in between. This seems like it should be so simple but im really having a tuff time, i figured i could jsut make a text and then skip 20 frames make a key frame and then change the color and then stick a tween inbetween but neither have worked. also ive tried doing this while converting the text to all 4 types of symbols with no luck. please let me know what im doing wrong i know you prob think im an idiot but i could use the help...

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Newbie to Flash CS4 needs some simple help!!
on Mar 22, 2009 at 11:39:46 am

Convert the text to a movieclip, go to the properties window and look for a dropdown box labeled 'style' under color effects and select the Tint property. Set that to whatever value you want and then tween.

Kind regards,

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved