FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash CS4 not showing installed fonts

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stanowski
Flash CS4 not showing installed fonts
on Mar 17, 2009 at 3:51:44 pm

Hi, I'm using Flash CS4 on a Mac Pro. I've been having this problem where certain fonts are not available, even though they are on the system and active. I can use the fonts in Illustrator CS4, but Flash CS4 doesn't even display them. For what it's worth, the font is Frutiger 95 UltraBlack. Does anyone know of any issues which could be causing this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Pitchfork
Re: Flash CS4 not showing installed fonts
on Apr 25, 2009 at 5:25:54 pm

I have the same issue with CS3 apps. The font I'm trying to use is either a native Windows Vista font or it was there since office was added.
The adobe site gives instructions on how to install a font correctly (which is as simple as expected) and says that it should then appear in the apps.
Our panel said..........!

Any help much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Sean Muroski
Re: Flash CS4 not showing installed fonts
on Jul 30, 2009 at 3:44:32 pm

i figured out a pretty non-sophisticated way to tackle some fonts being seemingly unavailable in CS4. simply launch Flash CS3, find the font you want to you use (for example Helvetica Neue was only showing "extended" faces and not "regular" faces in CS4) type whatever it is you want to type, copy from CS3 and paste into CS4.

note: the font will look the same, but in the character section under properties, the style will be represented as something different. as long as you don't change the font from the dropdown menu you can keep reusing what you pasted. i haven't tried to import CSS yet to try to get the same result but i think that might also work.

cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]