FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick flash question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Veitch
Quick flash question
on Mar 17, 2009 at 3:36:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with flash masking; when i take the layer and then change it to masking, everything disappears and it won't work as planned. See this video for the problem:
http://vimeo.com/3717672

I'm trying to make it so that the picture looks like it's drawing.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
best
James

Return to posts index

James Veitch
Re: Quick flash question
on Mar 19, 2009 at 5:19:32 pm

C'mon guys! Where's the torrent of responses??

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Quick flash question
on Mar 20, 2009 at 6:00:52 pm

hi James- it is hard to see what you are trying to do by this video- it whips by in 1 second.
what are you trying to accomplish? i assume that you want it to look like that profile is being drawn.

2 ways to accomplish this. first is with a Layer mask. you would usually have the finished piece completed, and be the Layer that is masked. the layer above it is the mask,(turned into a Mask layer) which would normally be an animated mask. but from your video, it looks like you have 2 layers, and the top layer is NOT turned into a mask layer.

if , from your video, the top layer IS to be the mask, it looks like you have done a 'frame by frame ' animation. while not ideal,that is OK, so either turn that layer into a Mask Layer, and it should work. OR maybe it is better to have the top layer just be an animated mask that 'reveals' the finished piece - like 'automatic writing'

but since you have done it frame by frame, you might not even need a mask, just build your picture frame by frame ( normally done in reverse -by completing the drawing, all in one frame. moving that frame to the end, then erase little by little going BACKWARDS to make it appear like it is being drawn.

there are good tutorials on this site which can explain these processes.

i hope this makes sense. if you need more help, please explain in more detail, or show us, via your video or screen shots - but PLEASE slow down the video ! : - )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]