FORUMS: list search recent posts

quicktime to swf help

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Richards
quicktime to swf help
on Mar 12, 2009 at 3:44:29 pm

I have a quicktime from After Effects I need to take into flash and export out as a swf. I figured flash would do a better job compressing the file than AE ? Basically my quicktime is about 3mb and I need to get it down to around 40 or 50k. Oh, and how do I control the compression settings in Flash when I export the swf movie.

is this easy to do ?

thanks for any direction

JR

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
Re: quicktime to swf help
on Mar 13, 2009 at 6:21:12 pm

Have you tried exporting to .swf from AE already? If this was not up to spec, then I recommend using Squeeze.

Return to posts index

Jason Richards
on Mar 13, 2009 at 6:28:53 pm

Yeah, I tried that. I guess I'm having issues trying to get anything down to 40k which doesn't seem realistic for any type of web ad. But heck I know nothing :(

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Mar 13, 2009 at 6:32:41 pm

It also comes down to what content you have in your creative. If you have effects and/or bitmapped images, they will add to your file size. If you have mostly vector art the files size will be lower. Try a test and export to .swf from AE with all layers that have bitmaps turned off and you will see a big difference in your file size.

Return to posts index

Min Lee
on Oct 2, 2009 at 10:33:14 am

is there a way to export .swf from AE? i exported a flash file but it had the extension .flv. that would indeed save me time and money.

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Oct 2, 2009 at 3:47:25 pm

Under FILE>EXPORT and it will be there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]