FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beginner here again...

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
krystallia sakellariou
Beginner here again...
on Mar 11, 2009 at 5:06:42 am

Hi!

I was reading Abraham Chaffin's tutorial "Flash Video with Adobe CS3 and it is really comprehensive and all, even for someone like me, but...there is one thing I donĀ“t understand.

In the section : Importing Flash Video into Dreamweaver, it says that I should go to insert-media and then Flash Video. Then I can browse to find my video. But in the box it says URL first. Does this mean I have to upload my video somewhere and then paste it here?
I have my swf-file on the desktop right now...

I am sure this is a really silly question, but I feel completely lost anyway...

Hope someone can help me here:-)

Krystallia

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Beginner here again...
on Mar 11, 2009 at 1:41:28 pm

Como estas Krystallia ?

this conversation might be better off re-directed to the DreamWeaver Forum. be that as it may...

from Dreamweaver, going to Insert---->Flash that should open up a dialog box ( i use CS3 on a Mac ..)

which gives you the choice of locating the file on your computer, OR entering a URL, so you should be able to choose either. also, if your Mouse Insert point is on the page ( in Design View) and at the point you want to place the Flash SWF, then you could also just drag the file there from the desktop.

ultimately, either through the Properties Panel, or directly into the HTML you will need to place the location.

be forewarned that trying to preview your page will bring up Adobe/Flash warnings. it is always better to upload the Flash SWF, along with your HTML file onto a server for viewing. And don't forget the AC_RunActiveContent.js file!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]