FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV within a movieclip within a movieclip - no control??

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nic fforde
FLV within a movieclip within a movieclip - no control??
on Mar 6, 2009 at 11:32:34 am

I'm having trouble with a "close" button I've made and assigned to an flv component, which is makes the video disappear.

Trouble is, it's not working in the sense that the video keeps playing in the background as I can still hear the audio.

I think it's something to do with the fact this component is within a movie clip, which itself is within a movie clip, as my code does work when I test it with a button and flv component on the main timeline.

dovclose.onRelease = function() {
dovvidbg._visible = false;
dovvideo._visible = false;
dovclose._visible = false, dovclose.gotoAndStop(1);

the component in question is "dovflv", which is within the movieclip "dovflvinner", which itself is within "dovvideo" movieclip.

Reason being is that when the "dovsample" button is pressed, the dovvideo movie clip plays, which shows the user the video clip. The dovflvinner is a movie clip so I can control the alpha and make it fade in to view. The dovflv component is within this.
Is this completely the wrong way to do it? I have a feeling my code is very obese, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to fix this for two days now and it is driving me crazy!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved