FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi video player - syntax error

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Vallejo
Multi video player - syntax error
on Mar 1, 2009 at 11:47:23 pm

Hi,

I watched the tutorial by Tony Ross on creating a multi video player that plays multiple videos on one player.

I followed every step, but I still get the error below when I test the movie. In fact, the error below shows up 3 times for each button:

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Actions, frame=1:Line 1: Syntax error.
01_btn.onRelease = function(){

Any suggestions? I am working with Flash 8. I checked to see if I had a button with in a button, but that doesn' seem to be the case. Any advice will do.

Best,

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
Re: Multi video player - syntax error
on Mar 2, 2009 at 12:47:09 pm

Hey Gary-
Can you folder & zip your fla, and send it to "classes[at]tonyteach.com?
Don't send any flvs. I'll take a look, and send a Jing of what I find to the forum.

Thanks Tony

keep it simple, make it perfect…

Return to posts index

Gary Vallejo
on Mar 2, 2009 at 5:20:34 pm

Hi Tony,

What a pleasure. I'll send you the file later this evening. I am not home to send at the moment.

Thanks so much.

Gary

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
on Mar 3, 2009 at 4:20:07 am

Hey Gary,
OK, when giving an instance name to buttons, components, or movieclips, they can not start with a number. So instead of 01_btn, try one_btn. I believe that will fix it.

Thanks Tony

keep it simple, make it perfect…

Return to posts index

Gary Vallejo
on Mar 3, 2009 at 6:40:08 pm

Hi Tony,

That worked perfectly. In the video tutorial, the button name was called pub_01.btn, and since I wasn't naming any of my files with public domain in it, I did not understand that my instances needed to begin with alphanumeric characters oppose to just numbers.

Now that this issue has been resolved... when someone clicks on button 1, views it, they then can now choose button 2 or 3 if they wish. What if they want to view button 1 again? In order to play button 1 again, I have to select another option and then come back to 1. I tried changing the parameters, but this may be an ActionScript, is that correct? Is it possible to reselect the same option?

Thanks.
Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]