FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash CS4 Stroke Options bug

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Shera
Flash CS4 Stroke Options bug
on Mar 1, 2009 at 6:03:33 am

I'm pretty sure I've found a bug in Flash CS4, though maybe it's just a "feature". In short, the Stroke options become inaccessible for all objects on the stage after deleting the stroke from just one object.

This is how you recreate the bug:

1. Draw any shape with a stroke, say a rectangle or oval. This can be done in either the merge drawing or object drawing mode; it doesn't matter. Notice how after clicking on any shape, you can modify its stroke properties in the Fill and Stroke properties panel.

2. Now, with any object selected, or the stroke of any shape selected, click on the Stroke colour box on the Fill and Stroke panel, and click on the icon with a red diagonal line (upper right corner) to remove the stroke completely.

3. Now notice how you cannot modify any of the stroke settings for ANY object you now select on the stage (the options are all greyed out).

The ONLY way to fix this bug is to select ANY object on the stage that already has a stroke and change the colour of its stroke to something different. It's a strange problem but I wonder if others have experienced it before? I have found that the problem doesn't actually occur if you simply double-click the stroke and delete it that way, so I suppose this is why it's not a very common problem.

Return to posts index

Johnny Oz
Re: Flash CS4 Stroke Options bug
on Jun 12, 2009 at 5:00:33 pm

Wow, thanks so much for posting this man.
I've had to use Adobe Flash for several major projects over the year, and this has happened to me practically every time. I've googled it endlessly and finally found this.

So thanks, I can finally fix it. :)
Good on ya mate.

Ps. I registered just for this. :P

Return to posts index

Nicholas Shera
on Jun 12, 2009 at 10:39:56 pm

No problem! I searched and searched for solutions to the problem and found nothing also. I thought people on Creative Cow might know something, but obviously not! Just glad I could help at least one other person with an annoying problem.

Return to posts index

John Krajewski
on Feb 21, 2013 at 8:50:11 pm

Wow, almost 4 years later in Flash CS5.5 and this problem still exists. Thanks for posting the workaround. Embarrassing for Adobe to say the least.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]