Add 4 videos to one page

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Add 4 videos to one page
on Feb 27, 2009 at 6:59:38 pm

So I have a page where I want to post several videos.. take a look

http://www.networthrealestategroup.com/media.php

You may or may not see all 4 videos but they are there.

What I want to do is figure out how to tell flash not to load the video, but to just load a single frame of the video so that people are not swamped with bandwidth issues in loading all 4 videos... a video tile is what I want that is replaced with the video when the user clicks on it...

Problem is, I dont know how to do that - any suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Add 4 videos to one page
on Feb 27, 2009 at 10:53:36 pm

joseph,

i have done this myself 2 different ways. one would be to add CUE POINTS at the beginning of each FLV and have them scripted to stop();

then you need some button or some other event to trigger them to play - play buttons for instance. i have discussed cue points recently in several other posts. you can probably figure it out from them. if not, let us know. not too hard to do, and only minimal scripting.

the second way is a work-around/trick that i have done also. i make a 1 frame flv for each movie, which shows the first frame. then i have that as the initial loaded video. then the play button actually directs to load in the 'full version'. once again, it is a 'trick' that i worked out because at first i could not figure out any other way.

let us know if you need more help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]