FORUMS: list search recent posts

flickering cursor and other issues in Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brielle Ashley
flickering cursor and other issues in Flash
on Feb 18, 2009 at 8:07:00 pm

I have two issues with the same flash file I am working with. I have created five images and converted them to movie clips. I then gave them animations for _over, _out and _click and used them in the actionscript. The problem I am having is that _click does stop but when I move the cursor off of that image the new image goes away. I would ultimately like for the resulting image after the _click animation to stay up. I have added a stop(); action to an action layer but should I add it directly to the image frame or is it something different all together?

Then when I go to test this file if I scroll my cursor from the "button" that was created above to the image that shows when you roll over it the cursor and the image flicker. I am terribly lost at this point. I am sure its a rookie mistake so hopefully someone out there can help me out.

If you need me to add the fla or swf file I can just ask. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: flickering cursor and other issues in Flash
on Feb 19, 2009 at 9:14:55 am

If I understand correctly, you've put these animations inside a button, and after click has run it holds on its last frame until you move your mouse off it? If that's the case flash is working correctly, and you need another way to have the last image remain. I'd do it using a _visible command on your button's click movieclip. Next to the stop(); action, use something like:

_root.stillimage._visible = true;
and probably also:
_root.yourbutton._visible = false;

You'll also need _root.stillimage._visible = false; on the first frame of your flash movie and you'll need to make a movieclip for the stillimage and give it and yourbutton instance names.

The flickering will probably be solved by this as well, but if not, the look at your HIT state frame.

Graham

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

Brielle Ashley
Re: flickering cursor and other issues in Flash
on Feb 19, 2009 at 2:33:49 pm

I will update the actionscript first thing this morning and see how it works... I will let you know... thanks SO much for your guidance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]