FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV Duration

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina Crawley
FLV Duration
on Feb 9, 2009 at 3:48:15 pm

I have inherited a series of FLV files and need to know their duration. I'm spoiled (apparently) by using Get Info from the Mac finder to access a Quicktime .mov's duration.

I just need to know how long an FLV clip is.

Thanks!
- Christina

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
Re: FLV Duration
on Feb 9, 2009 at 4:35:37 pm

Hey Christina-
Spoiled by get info, no prob. Get the FREE Perian plug in, that way you can play FLVs in Quicktime, and yes use "get info".
http://www.perian.org/

Hope this helps

Tony

keep it simple, make it perfect…

Return to posts index

Christina Crawley
on Feb 9, 2009 at 5:12:14 pm

This plug in is great, easily view the FLV directly in Quicktime and access all the info via the Inspector = I love it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Christina Crawley
on Feb 13, 2009 at 4:42:06 pm

Just a FYI about the Perian plug-in / Quicktime playback:

I was viewing a .flv file in Quicktime after installing the Perian plug-in. The video consists of a white background with a woman walking into frame and animated objects gliding behind her. In the Quicktime play back I noticed gray pixel noise trailing my animated elements. I assumed it was just part of the compression process. However, once I created my .swf to play the .flv back for Flash and played it in the Adobe Media Player the gray noise is no longer there.

So while this plug-in is a great tool for quick .flv review in Quicktime, I wouldn't recommend it as the final viewing option for a Flash video. Also, this does not work with new .f4v files.

- Christina

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]