FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Video Recording - Waffle/Line Distortion

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Singer
Flash Video Recording - Waffle/Line Distortion
on Feb 5, 2009 at 7:05:39 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to get some advice on Flash Video recording image issues or even video intake recording issues in general with a PC.

We built a Flash video recorder program on a PC running XP with 2GB of RAM and a 2.3 GHZ Core Duo, and when we run either a) a Panasonic DVX with Firewire or b) a Sony Consumer Cam with Firewire into the PC's Firewire port, and set Flash to record the video at 720 x 480, we get these pronounced line distortions whenever the subject moves in the frame (see attached screen shot). This happens both when the image is being previewed (before we hit "record") and when the resultant video clip is viewed.

Trying to narrow it down, we tried using Windows Moviemaker set to record at 640 x 480 with the same two cameras, and the same line distortions were visible in Moviemaker's small preview window, but then the resultant video clips when actually recorded did not have the line distortions, only some aliasing when the subject moved.

Then, we tried putting camera b) (Sony Consumer Camera) into the PC with its USB cable (it has USB "streaming" capability), and we did not get the line distortions, but we did get some frame jerks and noise, as if the data throughput was limited (which makes sense I guess with USB vs. Firewire).

Does anyone have any ideas on why the line distortions attached occur, or the aliasing with Flash video -- is it specific to the recording frame rate, or the nature of Firewire on a PC, or the limitations of this machine?

Thanks and I appreciate your thoughts! Best wishes< MS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]