FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Video Class won't load

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Lagerlof
Flash Video Class won't load
on Feb 5, 2009 at 2:16:03 am

Using AS3, I'm trying to get a flv component to disappear after tit finishes playing. So I set up an event listener for the flv(flv1).

I keep on getting this error message: 'The class or interface 'fl.video.VideoState' could not be loaded.' It's a standard, already built class, why won't it load/import?
Below is the AS3 I wrote.

import fl.video.*;
import fl.video.VideoState;

import fl.video.VideoEvent;

this.container_1.flv1.addEventListener(VideoState.STOPPED, hideVideo);
function hideVideo(event:VideoState):void
{
this.container_1.flv1.visible = false ;
}

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Flash Video Class won't load
on Feb 5, 2009 at 7:24:48 pm

VideoState isn't a class. Video is and VideoEvent is. :)

Furthermore, the (*) wildcard loads all the classes from that package, so you don't need to import the classes individually.

Use VideoEvent.COMPLETE instead.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Eric Lagerlof
Re: Flash Video Class won't load
on Feb 6, 2009 at 5:09:14 pm

Pieter, thanks for the info. Actually, (pause as I cast an embarrased look), I forgot to reset the project to AS3 instead of AS2, which is where I had it.

Having voiced a loud "doh!", I nonetheless appreciate your info as I'm having a hard time interpreting the info about classes, properties, subclasses etc. in the Adobe help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]