FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash not loading in browser???

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Resendez
Flash not loading in browser???
on Feb 4, 2009 at 3:18:21 pm

hey guys,
i have recently taken over a flash based site for a company that had their in-house designer create and program the site.

here is how the site functions:
• MAIN.swf is loaded into INDEX.html
• when user clicks on a section tabs, SECTION1.swf is loaded into EMPTY_mc inside of MAIN.swf.

when i test the site locally, everything works just fine. but when i post it online, only MAIN.swf loads fine. once a section tab is selected, the SECTION1.swf does not load. now i am only having this problem on Safari & Firefox. IE seems to works just fine but the others wont. i have contacted their designer and he has stated that i should check the AC_FL_RunContent javascript. does anybody know what exactly i should be looking for?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Flash not loading in browser???
on Feb 5, 2009 at 10:59:47 am

The designer's suggestion doesn't seem right to me, but you can try it. When you publish a webpage from Flash, to avoid the 'Click to Activate' problem, Flash generates a file called 'AC_RunActiveContent.js'.

This has to be uploaded alongside any webpage which contains Flash...but the fact that the website currently opens the Main.swf would suggest to me that that is not the problem. You say the site works fine locally, so the problem might be in the publish settings.

In the flash section, there is a drop-down option for local playback security. You can change this to Access Network Only. This is an option I've never had to go near, but might help you out.

Graham - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved