FORUMS: list search recent posts

loading FLV in AS2

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edu Iglesias
loading FLV in AS2
on Feb 2, 2009 at 11:32:33 am

hi everyone

i have just finished a website, but when i uploaded it to the web i realized that i had made a mistake. this web contains 8 flv movies loaded externally using FLVPlayback component.

all these movies are loaded at the beginning by default, in an order that i don't know. the result is that the movie in the home movieclip loads at the end and very slow. until it loads, there's an empty space in the home. meanwhile, some others movies, hidden from the home, load before.

so what i wanna know is what's the scripting code (in AS2) to tell FLV to be loaded only when i tell them to load, not at the beginning.

thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Edu Iglesias
Re: loading FLV in AS2
on Feb 3, 2009 at 1:39:30 pm

i have got the solution by myself, so i'm posting it for everybody who needs it.

my problem was that flv movies loaded by default. i was using FLVPlayback component and had set the content path in the parameters tab. instead of that, i leave the content path empty and i load it using actionscript (2.0). the script is simple:

just this simple! so i can link this script to any button or event and that's it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved