FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can FLASH Do This?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Cummins
Can FLASH Do This?
on Jan 29, 2009 at 9:38:16 pm

I've got several one-hour long presentations to edit and upload, with final deliverable being a .flv. The video portion will simply be a progression of slides that change every few minutes. I'd like to avoid the huge amounts of data that comes with repeating these slides as frames at 30, 24, or even 10 times a second.

Can a Flash animation simply cue a slide (or layer) at a certain point in an audio track, thereby saving the file from being over 100MB?

I have Flash CS3, but haven't worked in it that much. With our looming deadline just days away, I'd rather not play around with it only to find it won't work.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Can FLASH Do This?
on Jan 30, 2009 at 8:41:50 am

Does it need to be an .flv? If so, there's no way around using video editing software methinks.

If it can be a .swf/.fla you can use the NetConnection and NetStream classes to play the sound object and use a timer of, lets say 500 milliseconds to check the progression of the file.

Check for the play() method and the time property

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]