FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating an online training course with Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Keppler
Creating an online training course with Flash
on Jan 22, 2009 at 3:13:03 pm

Hey all, a not-so-quick question:
I run a freelance film company that provides all sorts of different services to folks, and recently I got a response to one of my ads from a guy looking to create an online flash course for his company's employees.
And, of course, this is probably one of the only media areas I have absolutely NO experience in...
But I do HAVE Flash for whatever reason I can't remember... it's just I haven't used it seriously for any reason.

My potential client wants to create a 1-2 hour "online classroom" where his employees can go and view "chapter-based" content, study it, and take a flash-based exam when it's all over. If they fail in a specific area, they can then go back and review the chapter they had trouble with and take the exam again.

Haven't contacted him yet, wanted to grab smarter folk's thoughts... aka, you all.

For someone with no Flash experience, is something like this doable on a quality level? I'm a fast learner... hopefully as fast as my ego tells me I am.

And would anyone have any advice or resources they could link me or point me in the right direction of for this specific project?

Thanks so much for the time, have a good one.

-Brad Keppler

Return to posts index

charles michael fulton
Re: Creating an online training course with Flash
on Jan 23, 2009 at 3:22:01 pm

Look into Adobe Captivate, which is basically a graphic interface for Flash or Camtasia Studio. Both are PC only, so if you don't have an intel-based mac that you can dual boot, you might have some difficulty finding a good program.

I have tried to do that kind of stuff in Flash, and it involves a LOT of writing Action Script code. Captivate will do all of that for you in an easy-to-use graphic interface, but Camtasia Studio is a bit cheaper.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Brad Keppler
Re: Creating an online training course with Flash
on Jan 23, 2009 at 4:23:58 pm

I looked around for HOURS yesterday on any kind of info regarding my topic and found zippy.
Thank you a million for taking your time out to respond. I'm headed over to Adobe to check that out right now.
This is a big time head start for me and I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved