FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need HELP to decrease file size of .swf

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Gonzaga
Need HELP to decrease file size of .swf
on Jan 14, 2009 at 5:49:32 pm

We have a banner ad (300 x 250) due on Friday. I currently have a flash swf that is 187 kb. The publisher requires that the file size not exceed 30 kb. I have already cut out some elements and made the file runtime shorter, but I do not know how to further decrease the file size - especially to that small. Please help, if you know. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Need HELP to decrease file size of .swf
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:30:36 pm

Do you have to use image files within your flash? Can you get away with just using flash's built-in drawing tools? If you can that should decrease your file size significantly. If you can't then the publish settings can help reduce the weight of the images, as can right-clicking on them in the library and looking at the different compression options. For some reason, (and it my just be me) but CS3 doesn't have the same overall control over images that v8 did.

Graham

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

Amy Lee Walton
Re: Need HELP to decrease file size of .swf
on Jan 14, 2009 at 10:30:34 pm

- for photo images you maybe using you can re-publish them web safe as gif files that are very low K size vs. high quality files.

- are you using blurs in Flash? those are pretty large in file size too.

- when you test the swf in flash do a CTRL + B to check out the bandwidth profiler and you can see where the movie peaks and work on lowering the quality of those areas

- finally you can go directly into the library, right-click on a jpg, select Properties, then uncheck Use imported JPEG data, and change the quality a bit, click test and see what it will look like in the swf.. it shows you how much kb you save

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Shinu Nissi
Re: Need to decrease file size of .swf
on Aug 14, 2015 at 11:29:45 am

Same problem as Susan mentioned, but still need to reduce file size.

One of our customers designed a website with flash. Due to larger loading time, customer requires that the file size should be reduced. I have cut out some elements and made the file run-time shorter, but I do not know how to further decrease the file size. Please help clearly, if know. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]