FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie seeks advice

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay brown
newbie seeks advice
on Jan 14, 2009 at 2:27:28 am

Hi

I am just starting out on the web design path having migrated from a graphics background.

What I am puzzled over is when starting out a new design is there any reason, other than personal preference, to design a page in Flash as apposed to say for example Dreamweaver?

Should I really learn both, are they aimed at different outcomes or is it what suits best. I have a limited time to learn these webs apps so I am wondering is it best to concentrate on one app or is there more benefits to knowing Flash and Dreamweaver or vice versa.

I know this may seem a banal question to some but if you can help with any patient and friendly advice I would be very appreciative

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: newbie seeks advice
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:27:57 pm

Flash works best as an add-on to a website, if you design the whole thing in flash then what about that small percentage that doesn't have flash, or is viewing your site on one of the mobile browsers that can't support flash (such as the iPod Touch/Phone)

You should also think about file sizes, a few years ago a flash website for most people could take five minutes to load. Now with improved speeds that's going away, but...again what about mobile devices and limited browser memory.

Things to think about,

Graham

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]