FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Website Help

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christy Smith
Flash Website Help
on Jan 12, 2009 at 7:58:38 am

New to the Forums so hopefully I give enough info to help solve my problem. I'm using Flash 8.

Anyways, I'm making a flash website. The way I've set it up is creating each separate page having its own .swf file. The additional pages are being loaded by using the load movie script by clicking on a specific button. Here are a few of my questions-

1. I am making a website for demo purposes (primarily video), is using separate flash files for each page the best route to go or should i be using different scenes or simply just changing the page at certain points on the timeline?

2. If I stick with the way I'm doing it with the external .swf files being loaded, is there a way to have the files "dissolve" in when I load the movie? Right now they are just flashing in and I don't like how the whole screen goes white for a second while it loads. You can see this by going to my site and clicking on one of the buttons.

Here is my site:

Its a work in progress. I haven't used flash in a long time and need some serious refreshing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved