FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interactive CD

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shawn eyre
Interactive CD
on Jan 8, 2009 at 5:48:02 pm

What I trying to do is very simple I'm sure, but I'm not very educated in flash. Here's what I'm trying to do.
I want to make a cd that on start up it plays an open movie as the background with music and three text links. two of these will goto web pages. I have this part done.

What I need is to make the third link, launch a video. This video will be in the same folder and on the same cd, so i don't need it to be embedded, just referenced to on the cd.

PLEASE HELP. I've used flash a little in the past but boy it's been a while and I was not very good to start with.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
Re: Interactive CD
on Jan 8, 2009 at 7:21:18 pm

Assuming you are creating a flash-projector (for CD),4 thoughts:

- link your button to a frame where the video (flv or embeded-swf) starts ... same timeline project...
- create another projector-template with your video (exe file) .. put in on the same CD and call it with a fs command on your button....
- call the video (can be even any windows media player or QT file playable, for example, wmv) making a bat file and using the fs command to call (open) the video ...
- use third party solutions to open external files (video) from projector (like Flashjester tools)....

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

shawn eyre
Re: Interactive CD
on Jan 8, 2009 at 8:33:13 pm

Could you break that down even a little more. I'm not very smart when it comes to flash.
Thanks so much for the quick respond

Return to posts index

shawn eyre
Re:STILL NEED HELP
on Jan 9, 2009 at 6:06:32 pm

I need the button to link to an external movie. I know I use an action but how do i do this? PLEASE HELP.

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
Re: Re:STILL NEED HELP
on Jan 10, 2009 at 5:08:09 pm

Shawn: this is how I do on my second method (previous post):

1.- you need to have a folder named: fscommand and inside you need to put your "exe" file containing the video... you can create this file with another flash project containing the video (maybe as flv) and publishing as projector (exe). If you choose the flv external way, just make sure to include the flv video also inside the fscommand folder with the exe file, for this example I'm going to call the exe file "video.exe".

2.- on your main project just add this script to your button:

on (release) {
fscommand("exec", "video.exe");
}

3.- publish the main project as projector (fscommand only works in projector files).

ready... your button opens the "video.exe" file in another window that you can close any time.

The first method mentioned on my other post is simple and don't need any fscommand folder. Just tell your button to go to any frame (let's say "vid") of your project where you put your video (maybe also another flv loader):

on (release) {
gotoAndPlay("vid");
}

....and you need to add a "stop" action on the vid frame and maybe some button to back to menu or somewhere else ....

Option 3 involves making bat files, I suggest explore this 2 options and explore 3d party solutions as I said before...

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]