FORUMS: list search recent posts

help getting started in the right direction

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Grauel
help getting started in the right direction
on Dec 20, 2008 at 5:16:16 pm

Hello - I need to migrate from making DVD's of training projects on video to providing them in a flash format.

Current production tool is Sony Vegas pro 8

the DVD content is .

Typically a project may need to be on 3 or 4 DVD's with menus several "levels" deep.

in other words. a main topic area / sub topics within that area / and perhaps detail of those sub topics.

Typical of chapter menus in any time line. In other words.. I want to keep my information and subject matter in order and then details of the subject like sub menus.

The software programs I have now are:

Sony Vegas Pro 8
Adobe Photoshop cs4
Microsoft Expression Studio
xara extreme pro 4

Wildform Flair (basically Flix Pro bundled with a flash presentation package.).. Easily create outstanding Flash and video presentations, convert PowerPoint to Flash, author demos, tutorials and simulations and generate LMS compliant quizzes. Flair lets you create advanced Flash multimedia projects without any programming!

As far as some of the software goes, For the same of time - I am asking this first rather than dive into the wildform flair which i just downloaded.

OK.. the real meat of my question is.. Do i already have the tools I need to accomplish this?

I'd like the Flash - DVD to look like either a conventional DVD menu - or something that is easy to navigate.

I guess also - the real question is.. Are there any online tutorials on the basic how to concept - this is before i dig into wildform flair or another program and find that I am barking up the wrong tree for what i want to accomplish. I have never done anything in flash so I have only the basic overview that I got from the video compression DVD by Aharon Rabinowitz.

aslo - i've picked up on advanced flash componets site from threads out there... is it my understanding that these programs require Adobe Flash Cs4 and are not stand alone applications?.

I'll start here and see if this get's me started or more confused.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved