FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing document size, staying centered

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Carmichael
changing document size, staying centered
on Dec 20, 2008 at 4:02:36 am

Hi! I made a 4:3 animation in flash that's going to premiere at Slamdance, where it will be shown in widescreen. I have to make a widescreen cut! Pillarbox will not work for this movie!
(If you're interested you can see it here: You'll notice this version is already widescreen--OH THE GLORY OF THE SWF.

The way I figure it, I have a few options:

1) change the document size so it's 16:9. Great option HOWEVER,
when you change the document size it adds canvass to the LEFT and BOTTOM of your current frame. So everything's off-center.
Any way around this?

2) Export the quicktime (which by the way everyone I KNOW HOW TO EXPORT TO QUICKTIME FROM FLASH CS3!!!!!!! I know this is a big issue, just reply to this post and i can explain.)
Anyways, I could export the quicktime in such a way as to crop off the top and bottom or include the content outside the document bounds to left and right. I can't figure out how to do this. You'd think selecting the "preserve aspect ratio by crop" would do it, but I tried and it just stretches is.
Any way around this?

3) export it normally and use another application to convert it
This would be okay but I"m losing a lot of quality when I export, and a lot of quality when I use FCP or Compressor....
Anyone know the right settings to use?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved