FORUMS: list search recent posts

Expanding/pop-out Flash ad help? (Need help with the Javascript)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Starkey
Expanding/pop-out Flash ad help? (Need help with the Javascript)
on Dec 18, 2008 at 8:05:57 pm

I hope someone can help!

I have to make one of those ads in which the Flash banner expands out and over (pops out on top of) the page. There only appears to be one tutorial on the entire internet for this, and it's here:

I followed this precisely with my own banner content (the flash banner itself functions when not embedded into a page), but I'm apparently having some issues with the Javascript that enables the banner to shrink into its "smaller size" area and not block the users' nav options on the page, and then have it expand to display the ad as the full size.

Right now, it's acting totally different in IE and Firefox. In IE, it's loading the smaller size. Upon clicking it, when it should expand, I can hear the embedded video playing, but it's not visually displaying the bottom expanded part of the ad. In Firefox, it's displaying the entire ad on top of everything...when the bottom part ought to not be expanded, it's just white space on top. Otherwise the Flash file is operating properly.

The ad is set in Z space.

Can anyone help?

BTW, hi Tony Ross from your former student! I had no idea you were moderating on here!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved