FORUMS: list search recent posts

flash website your ideas on my problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
richard smith
flash website your ideas on my problem
on Dec 16, 2008 at 9:09:56 pm

Hi guys, i didnt get much luck with my last post so i hope this will
help, ive decided to ask your ideas on how you think i should go about this idea.

i have a background image which incorporates all the elements that i want on my site. but i dont want it all visable at the same time, what i want to happen is have it start on the top right and when sumone clicks a button is scrolls over, not jumps but visably moves to the relevant section.

also there will be video in the 3 square boxs that you can see.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: flash website your ideas on my problem
on Dec 17, 2008 at 8:37:58 am

Hey Richard,

Are you using AS2 or AS3? Your best bet would be to use an external tween class. For what you want, I'd go with either Tweener or TweenLite

Both have excellent instructions on how to install them. For what you want, I suggest going with TweenLite.

Once you've imported those (and this is AS3), you would give your background an instance name, you'd have your clickies on the stage (give them an instance name as well) and then this code should do the trick:

import gs.TweenLite;
import gs.easing.*;

my_clicky.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, clickyHandler);

function clickyHandler(evt:MouseEvent):void {
TweenLite.to(my_background, 0.5, {x:240, y:230, ease:Quad.easeOut});
}

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

richard smith
on Dec 26, 2008 at 8:27:34 pm

cheers, that worked a treat, but now i have a new problem, ive altered my background quite a bit, and have added on some arrows, that i want to be the navigation buttons, so i thought that i would draw round them witht the pen tool, select it, fill it in and turn it into a button, then go into it and cover all the up, over, down, so its an invisiable button in the shape of the arrow, you still with me, lol.

then i followed your steps, it work but with on slight problem, the buttons dont stay on there respective pages, the arrows do obviously as they are part of the background, but the invisible buttons move with the background.

is there anyway to make the buttons stay on there respective sections of the background, and so newones appear on the new page and the oldones stay when the image moves.

sorry if a waffle and dont exlanin very well.

cheers

rich.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Dec 26, 2008 at 8:45:40 pm

Put the buttons inside the background movieclip. That way you can move em as a whole.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

richard smith
on Dec 26, 2008 at 9:58:37 pm

Cheers mate, i had tried that but i didnt work, so when u said thats the way i gave it another try and relised i hadnt added the

my_background.

to the

my_background.button1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, clickyHandler);

cheers again mate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]