FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Flash Graphics for Avid Media Composer Import

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Ravich
Creating Flash Graphics for Avid Media Composer Import
on Dec 4, 2008 at 10:32:19 pm

Hello-

I know this workflow is a little backwards but hear me out first. A colleague and i are producing short web-only segments with Avid MC 2.7 (capturing 16:9 DVcam original media at DV 25 res) and in lieu of bringing in a professional AE graphics operator, we were trying to create our segment specific graphics - text over dissolving color backgrounds - in Flash, exporting those as 16:9 QTs, and then importing into the Avid. Then wedding those to the sequence video and exporting the full sequence as an MP4. This method has a lot of workflow advantages for us and the graphics look very clean in Flash and as exported QTs (ie when played in Quicktime) but look pretty rough after importing into Avid. And by rough I mean the text/font edges look really frayed and degraded. I tried as many of the Avid import permutations as I could and seemed to get the same result.

Am I crazy for even attempting this? I know folks generally use flash as the last stage of encoding/compression before uploading to the web, not the first. But again, the graphics looked totally adequate in flash and in QT and I'd love to make this work in Flash. Could tweaking the flash export options help? Again, these are very simple graphics - white "Retina" font text over disolving colored backgrounds. Or perhaps there's an In Avid way I could do this?

Sincerely,

Nick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]