FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating SWFs without Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Elkins
Creating SWFs without Flash
on Dec 4, 2008 at 11:25:17 am

Hi everyone,

This may be a little off topic, but I thought that people who know Flash would perhaps know the answer to my question.

Basically what I want to do is create a SWF file which begins with a pause on the first frame, then when the user clicks anywhere on the video, it starts playing.
I don't have Flash, so I'm using Sorensen Squeeze (version 4.0) to create my SWF files, which is fine but it seems I can only use their templates for the SWF player interface. None of them do what I want them to do (i.e. click to play, click to pause).

This isn't for embedding in a website.

Can someone help? Is there some free/cheap software that I can use to customise the player interface more than I can using Squeeze?

Many thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Creating SWFs without Flash
on Dec 4, 2008 at 9:17:23 pm

Doubt that's possible. You'd need an editor like FlashDevelop/SEPY Editor, firstly. That's the easy part. But you'd also need to get your hands on the flash class libraries, and I don't know where you'd get those for free.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]