FORUMS: list search recent posts

1920x1080 h264

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dworsky
1920x1080 h264
on Dec 3, 2008 at 11:07:04 pm

We have an interactive video presentation we are building. It's going to be both on the web and on big screens at an event. We thought it would be grate to use flash in both cases now that flash supports h264 codec. But when we have tried it it seems like flash has a hard time when it comes to the bigger screens resolution. It stutters a lot, even on our really fast computers.

See example of what we are building:
http://motiondesign.se/houseofradon/ericsson/test/

Are we doing anything wrong? (I guess you're not supposed to do stuff in that sizes for this release)

And more importantly, have you any suggestions of wich program we could use instead to build a solid HD solution? for the web flash is still great!

Best regards
/david

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: 1920x1080 h264
on Dec 4, 2008 at 4:17:40 am

It's not stuttering at all here. (dual-core laptop with 3Gb of RAM)

I assume you're using an mp4 wrapper with netstream/netconnection? Is it stuttering locally as well or just when it's accessed from a remote server?

Also, how/with which software are you encoding your video?

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

David Dworsky
Re: 1920x1080 h264
on Dec 4, 2008 at 7:35:14 am

(we are using AS3)

Ah, the link I sent is for the web version. That one is no problem.

It is the 1920x1080 that stutters. We have encoded with the h264 codec 6000kb/s. We are always going to play the 1920x1080 version locally on a computer so the internet connection is nothing to take into consideration.

best
/david

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]