FORUMS: list search recent posts

In CS4, can I display Action Script behind pre-set FLVPlayback component? (for XML Video Playlist)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jill Simpson
In CS4, can I display Action Script behind pre-set FLVPlayback component? (for XML Video Playlist)
on Dec 1, 2008 at 3:33:18 pm

In the Adobe Flash Video tutorials,
Lee Brimelow shows how to create flash video players without using a pre-set player. He was using Flash MX 2004. I have CS4. If I add FLVPlayback from the Components>Video list, a player appears, including the progress bar etc. I hoped that meant I could skip the hand-coding from Lee's Flash Video Basics tutorials.

I added the Action Script code from Lee's XML Video Playlist tutorial, but I was surprised that instead of adding the code to existing Action Script, I was adding it to a blank Action Script file. Is the pre-set player's Action Script there, just not visible? If so, can I make it visible? I got errors like:

1120: Access of undefined property videoList.
videoList.addEventListener("change",vidList);

1120: Access of undefined property i.
for(i=0;i
1120: Access of undefined property ns.
ns.play(videoList.getItemAt(videoList.selectedIndex).data);

Is this code still valid in CS4?

-----------
I also got:

Warning: 1090: Migration issue: The onLoad event handler is not triggered automatically by Flash Player at run time in ActionScript 3.0. You must first register this handler for the event using addEventListener ( 'load', callback_handler).

vlist.onLoad = function() {

so I added:
vlist.addEventListener ( 'load', callback_handler);
before
vlist.onLoad = function() {

-----
I also got:
Warning: 3594: load is not a recognized method of the dynamic class XML.
vlist.load("videos.xml");

Should I have added more initial code, or does the tutorial need to be updated to give CS4-appropriate code?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Jen deHaan
Re: In CS4, can I display Action Script behind pre-set FLVPlayback component? (for XML Video Playlist)
on Dec 5, 2008 at 10:18:48 pm

Make sure that your ActionScript version for your CS4 file is set to ActionScript 2.0 (for that tutorial, which would have been using the older version).

-----
Jen
http://www.flashthusiast.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]