FORUMS: list search recent posts

image scroll bar

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Weller
image scroll bar
on Nov 20, 2008 at 10:17:56 pm

hi there,
im looking to make an image scroll bar, so that i can have several images on one flash page, that i can just scroll through, as opposed to several buttons calling in said images seperately.
im just having trouble finding any tutorials that show how to do this. all i seem to find are pre made scroll bars, which people say you can customise, but you blatently cant because you have no idea how they were built.
does anyone know of any tutorials where i can learn how to do a scroll bar with images? id rather have one that walks me through it rather than just dumping a load of code in my lap and telling me to get on with it.
also, can anyone tell me what the difference between action script 2 and 3 is?

thanks a lot, ben.

Ben Weller

Return to posts index

Ben Weller
Re: image scroll bar
on Nov 23, 2008 at 9:28:18 pm

ok so i found a decent tutorial, and ive managed to get a working scrollbar, apart from one thing. for some reason the scroll bar appears half way off of the screen, until you click on it, then it comes too far in, and covers up the work. any ideas on why this might be happening?
ive modified the sizes from the tutorial to suit my needs, but i havent touched the code. can any one think why it would do this?
this is the tutorial:

the file size im working at is 545 by 768, and ive removed the up/down buttons.

any help would be great.

Ben Weller

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved